TeenServe wants to help you think creatively about fundraising! It can be hard thinking of new fundraising ideas. Here are some fresh ideas to make it more FUN!
• Go “flocking” after dark with small groups to the chosen home and place 2-3 dozen pink flamingos in their yard, along with a sign that says, “You’ve been flocked by *insert your youth ministry name here* and list your contact info. A small donation gets them removed and they get to choose the next target!
• gofundme is a wonderful online fundraising source
• Have a desserts competition. People at the church sign up to make their best chocolate treat. Get donations for prizes. Charge a small door fee for the chance to try the desserts and vote on the favorites. This one is great around Valentine’s Day!
• How about a non-spaghetti dinner, where people buy tickets to NOT GO to the supper? Silly idea that saves the hassle of putting on the event!
• Sponsor a run-a-thon, where kids get sponsors for running laps at a local gym to raise money.
• Pair up youth with members of the church who need odd jobs down around their homes. The money paid to do these jobs goes toward their trip. Great way to help out, and give youth personal time with adults in the church!